Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cupcake Addition and Lamination Land

I have just finished another set of Cupcake Games. This time it's Cupcake Addition. This set includes ELEVEN addition games for +1 all the way through +10, including doubles addition. Using this will give students TONS of addition fact practice so they can become fluent in their facts. As always, all you need to implement these activities in your classroom is a 12-cup cupcake tin for each set of games, pom poms and the printables from the pack. Print, laminate, cut and you're ready to roll! Here's what it looks like and a link to my store if you'd like to purchase.
 
                                                        Cupcake Games Addition Bundle
 
                                                Cupcake Games Addition Bundle
 
Here's what a game looks like:

 
Kiddos put one set of cupcake cards into the cupcake
tin. Then they match the other set of cards. There
are also recording sheets for accountability.

 
I don't think I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I got myself a Scotch Thermal Laminator (ordered while on vacation). I finally broke that bad boy out and WOWZA! It is completely. AWE.SOME! Why didn't I get one before???? The lamination is far superior to our school's lamination. Last year I sent some game boards to be laminated and when I cut them apart the lamination peeled off! I kid you not! I sent them to be laminated again, and guess what happened? That's right. Peeled off. Again. So.....this year I will send big things to be laminated at school, but I will be using my little lovely at home for smaller items. Here is a scary picture of Lamination Land in my family room.
 
 
It's all fun and games until someone has to cut
everything out!
 
 Well....after about 3 HOURS I had cut everything out. I have a nice little set of things ready for the first week of school. I don't know what it is about me, but I'm always wanting to change things up. There are very few things I do every year the same. I have some things I love to do with each year's class, but for the most part I change A LOT each year. My husband always says "Why? The kids won't know." True, but I'll know. I like to make things different. It keeps things fresh and exciting for me. I never want to be one of those teachers that get stuck in a rut.

For example, for the last 5 years I have had an incentive chart on our classroom door. Kids could earn scoops to put on ice cream cones. I have also had a display for each kiddo to have a reading chart to put stickers on when they read a book. This year I took down the display and put up the file folder pocket charts for writing in its place. Now my dilemma was where to go with the reading charts??? I thought and thought and thought. Hmmm....how about on our classroom door - so ice cream chart - GONE! (Well, it will be when I go back to work in my room.) I have also re-labeled about everything a person can re-label in a classroom. I make more work for myself, but I enjoy creating, so it's all good.

TTFN!
Jennifer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment