Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ready for Open House!

Today was all about the room! Finally! I know we have a lot of "housekeeping" type things and training stuff to do at the beginning of school, but I get sooo antsy about not being able to be in my room to put the final touches on it. I am a little bit OCD about getting my room in shape. I ALWAYS go in during the summer for several days to put the room back in order so I can not be SO stressed when we all come back.
I got all of the little things done today and can honestly say I am ready for kiddos to walk in now! I will finally get to meet my new darlin's and their families on Monday.
So. Excited!
 
Here is picture evidence of my claim to being ready.
 
 
View from my desk area to the doorway
 
 
View of the back of the room
 
 
I may add a few more apples.
Parents can take these and
bring back something for our
classroom.
 
 
My sweet teacher friend and I partner up
for many things through the year. These are
our "Beary" Terrific Kid All About Me
posters. We made it fancy-schmancy this year
with background paper and a border.
Ooooh. Aaaaah. Are ya feelin' it?
 
 I thought it would be fun for
each of us teachers to fill out
an All About Me poster and
post it the first week of school!
 
 
Here's a broader view with our little
signs that I made on PrintShop. They
say Mrs. Bond's "Beary" Terrific
Kid and also for my friend.
 
 
My "Beary" excited bulletin board.
 
 
Here are some close-ups so you can see the
cute little bear paws with the kiddos names.
I can't wait to meet my little bear cubs on Monday!!!
 
 
 
My Writing Menus
 
Each menu has 12 different writing activities
to choose from. Each numbered activity
corresponds to a pocket in the chart.
 
 
Here are the majority of them.
I have one more on the other side.
 
 
These are:
Top left - class jobs
Bottom left - Literacy Stations and Words of the Week
Top right - part of Deanna Jump's Common Core for
1st Grade.
 
 
The other side of the board.
You can see the rest of the CC posters
and under those is my Number of the Day
Pocket chart.
The purple chart on the far right is the
last piece of our Writing Station
Activities. This chart will have only
books for students to write and illustrate.
I think they will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
this one especially!
 
 
Here's my schedule pocket chart.
I change the specials each day and also
if we have a special assembly, activity,
or celebration. This is our first day
of first grade schedule!
 
 
My classroom from the doorway.
The desks have all of our Open House goodies on top.
These include:
A folder with TONS of parent info.
Magic Confetti for the kiddos to sprinkle
under their pillows the night before 1st grade
to help them with their jitters, a note
from one of my darlin's from last year
telling them why they will love first grade, a
"Thanks for popping in!" bag of microwave
popcorn for the families, a red plate with
instructions, and a paper that shows
them in pictures where to put their school
supplies.
(P.S. When the families first arrive they
sign in right outside the door and grab
a classroom scavenger hunt page that
asks them to look for things in the room
and tells them where our community
supplies need to go.)
 
 
Another wide view of classroom from front to back.
 
 
A shot from the doorway looking in.
 
Did ya notice my hanging lanterns? I just got these this
year. I've never hung anything before and when I saw these
I just had to have them. They have polka dots and they
are in my fav. colors (bright)! They go great with
my curtains. My sweet friend helped me hang them
and was there in case I fell off the ladder. I needed
someone who could call 911 in case I fell to
my doom! LOL! (I'm not the most
graceful person around.)
 
Well, that was my final classroom tour. If you have any questions,
please email me here:
 
 
I will be happy to answer!
 
In my next post I will let ya know how Open House and the first day/week of
school went! I'm sooo looking forward to getting started.
 
Oh - if you missed the other classroom tour pics, here are the links:

2013-14 Classroom Tour part 1

2013-14 Classroom Tour part 2

2013-14 Classroom Tour part 3



TTFN
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment